Format: Microsoft Word with Software in PHP | Pages: 58 Pages | Price: ₦4000 | Chapters: 1-5
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The present manual method of keeping files and records has been found by research to be disadvantageous. This is due to the problems which are identified as follows:
- Loss of files and records by theft.
- Loss of files and records by fire disaster and other natural catastrophe that could possibly occur without giving a chance to retrieve these files.
- Information Overload.
- The old system of filing is not portable.
- Difficulty in the search for data and information about an individual.
- Accessibility issues experienced by a staff or data administrator.
- Difficulty in getting relationship(s) between data for an individual.
The ever changing trend in technology brought the necessity for the automation of everything from paper-and-pen based to absolute computer domination. The overwhelming emergence of computers paved way to easier access of information that leads to increased production, efficiency and reliability.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1.3.1 AIMS OF THE STUDY
To design a Student Information Management System for storing of students records and information in a particular school (Joseph Ayo Babalola University).
1.3.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- It provides an organized system of management of information.
- It assists with monitoring accountability and future planning.
- It helps teachers make instructional decisions and to obtain specific information that may assist in working with a student.
- It helps evaluate the success of various programs in a certain curriculum.
- It facilitates interpersonal communication.
- It improves personal efficiency.
- It increases organizational control.
- It improves data security and integrity.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The scope of this project is limited to the design and implementation of a Student Information Management System. The purpose of the Student Information Management system is to allow for storing information of large number of students. Different privileges are given to different types of users. The Student Information Management System will make use of Visual Basic 6.0 as its front end and Microsoft Access as its back end.
- Time Constraint.
- Insufficient information from students as they were being careful not to reveal confidential information.
1.6 ORGANIZATION OF STUDY
This project/research is organized into five main chapters:
The first chapter of this research is the Introduction. This chapter provides the background to the problem.
Next is Chapter Two which is about the general overview of the subject matter. This chapter provides information on the basic concepts and related work on the subject matter.
Chapter Three contains the research methodology. This attempts to provide a detailed description of the phases and approach in the development of the study by providing an analysis of the existing system and a design of the proposed system.
Chapter Four captures the implementation of the proposed design and states results gathered in the course of implementation. It also provides information about the architecture, installation and system requirements for the software to be designed.
Chapter Five which is the concluding chapter, includes the summary, conclusion and recommendation.